This is a FREE half-day
event to introduce development tools, platforms, and services helping to drive the game industry forward, to inspire more game developers and showcase the games developed by our fellow Bicolanos.
You will learn the following topics:
- How I made a Hit Game from Zero Budget
- Intro to VR/AR Technology and Games
- Effective Marketing for Indie Games
- Intro to ArtificIal Intelligence in Virtual and Augmented Reality
Do you want to showcase your game/s in our event?
Register it here: https://goo.gl/i4v7zi
Mike Reñevo is an Indie Game Developer who studied BS Information Technology at Bicol Univeristy. After graduating, he dedicated his time working on several PC and mobile game titles. He created Dungeon Souls
and High Noon Revolver
Arcee Beah Ortega
He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Aquinas University of Legazpi which is now University of Sto. Thomas Legazpi, NCII holder with the vocational course of Computer System Servicing NCII, Co-owner of PCMJ Net cafe and Services. Intern Trainer at Lamina Studios, The Co-founder of Bicol Developer and the main Programmer of the Android Game Dodge Gear.
Jemarwen B. Baldon
- He is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education major in English with Computer Technology Course Units and about to finish his Master’s Studies at Bicol University Graduate School taking up MAEngEd. He is a part-time IT and GE instructor here in Legazpi and passionate about Educational Technology & Latest Trends in ICT. Jem is a Freelance Marketing Manager/Consultant. He is the Team Leader of Lamina Studios Outsource Group in the Philippines.
- Diogo is the Co-Founder of Lamina Studios and Lead Game Developer of Dungeon Souls based in Portogal. Over the course of six years, Diogo has developed game mechanic engines in Game Maker. He has also made a few games for android using Game Maker and has done a few applications for Windows using Visual Studio. He has experience in java and C/C++ development. Whether it is an application based for consumer purposes or a scientific-driven development, his best skill is making video games using Game Maker. Diogo likes to look into opportunities in developing video games and desktop applications. Diogo has worked on many features of Dungeon Souls' such as controller support implementation, Alienware FX and Logitech keyboard and mouse lightning effects as well as with Logitech Arx Control lightning implementation. He has worked also on the game story and did the scripts for several characters. His game design expertise has led to more added features of the game: Arcane Forge, Split Screen, Razer lightning implementation, and porting the game to consoles. Diogo is very creative and innovative in terms of his game design concepts as well in software or game development.
- 12:30-1:00 - Registration
- 1:00-2:30 - How I made a Hit Game from Zero Budget
- 02:30-4:00 - Intro to VR/AR Technology and Games
- 4:00 - 4:30 - Intro to ArtificIal Intelligence in Virtual and Augmented Reality
- 4:30-5:30 - Effective Marketing for Indie Games
- 5:30-6:00 - Closing Remarks / Socialization / Networking
- Bring an ID. The guards might not let anyone in without a valid ID (School ID, Postal ID, Passport, Company ID, SSS ID).
- Bring ballpen and paper if you would want to take down notes.
- Event check-in will start at 12:30 PM. Please arrive on time as we will be closing it by 01:00 PM.
- This event is FREE but only registered and confirmed participants whose ID matches with names on our list of attendees can be accommodated. Slots are non-transferrable.
- Share with us your comments, expectations about the event by using the hashtag #gamedevtechtalks #bicolIT Twitter updates & Facebook posts.
- If you have any other questions, just send us a message.
- If you have an approved registration but cannot make it, please cancel your registration by contacting us at 0917-2525606 ASAP so another guest fills-up your slot.
- Please note that signing up and not showing up (or canceling late) affects your confirmation to our future events.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS: