Slow Food Bali invites you to an exciting culinary adventure into the world of spices, including how they changed the history of the world. Delve deeply into the many uses of spices -- including chillies pastes & sambals -- and their myriad recipe applications throughout the region.
Join Chef Diana von Cranach -- owner of Puri Ganesha Villas, and well-known local food explorer and pioneer of the "living" food movement in Bali -- in this unique Slow Food culinary experience. Enjoy her recent book publication titled "Chillitime".
07:00 Meet at the Sayan / Ubud Meeting Point
07:15 - 11:00 Journey to North Bali. Farm Visit.
- Board the Puri Ganesha bound bus, and travel northward through the scenic "saddle" of several of Bali's most beautiful volcanoes.
- Visit Golden Leaf Farms, a pioneer & leader in the Bali organic food movement. Learn more about local organic cultivation. Tea / coffee & snack break. Arrive in Pemuteran!
11:00 - 12:30 Spice Presentation & Culinary Demo
- Discover how to make well-balanced traditional sambals & spice pastes, including how to create your own personal variations.
12:30 - 15:30 Luncheon & Beach Chill Time
- Sumptuous Luncheon Feast: Choice of Vegan or Fresh Grilled Seafood. Foraged salads & farm fresh veggies.
- Swim, snorkel, and enjoy some superb beach time at Puri Ganesha. Freshen up before leaving!
15:30 - 18:00 Journey back to Ubud (or beyond)
- Option to stay a couple nights at Puri Ganesha Villas, with special Slow Food rate.