Txotxfest, Black Twig Cider House's Cider Festival!
Location: Black Twig Cider House
Day: Nov 18th 2017
Tickets available now! (food and drink included in all tickets sales)
Hard Cider is made all over the world. It is our hope to showcase our local cidermakers and restaurants as well and offer you an opportunity to taste cider from all over the country and world.
Black Twig Cider House & Mattie B's Public House are joining with Presenting Sponsor Harris Distributing and with the help of spectacular vendors, chefs, and culinary artisans are making Txotxfest one for the books! Hold on to your txotx, and basque in the camaraderie of this day.
Presenting Sponsor: Harris Distributing
Apple Level Sponsors: Appalachian Mountain Cidery, Bold Rock, Virtue Ciders
Txotx Level Sponsors: Demaison Selections
Joining us for our Txotxfest:
Appalachian Mountain Cidery -
Appalachian Mountain Brewery focuses on building relationships with the community, sustainable business practices and supporting local non-profits. They also really enjoy making great tasting award winning ciders.Blackwater Cider
- Authentic handcrafted dry hard cider, made with fresh NC apples. Made and distributed in North Carolina.Bold rock
- With breweries on either side of the Blue Ridge mountains, this is the nation’s largest independently owned cider company that has won over 75 awards for their ciders.Botanist and Barrel
- From just north of us in Cedar Grove, NC. Specializing in whole fruit ferment.Bull City Ciderworks
- The bull is bucking the trend of mainstream ciders. Taste the revolution!Chatham Cider Works
- Small-batch hard cider from North Carolina apples. The cider is dry and unfiltered. They work with apple growers in the mountains.
Ciders - An Asheville, North Carolina based company, designing both experimental and traditional styles of fermentation while constantly seeking influence from other industries and cultures.
De Maison Selections
- Founded by Andre Tamers in 1996, De Maison Selections is an importing company that specializes in unique, high-quality, boutique wines, ciders and spirits from Spain and France.
Fishing Creek Cider - A very small craft cidery currently producing about 4,000 bottles of our unique hand-made sparkling hard cider each year in rural Edgecombe County
Foggy Ridge Cider - Tradition, reinvented. Beginning in 1997 with a cider apple orchard in the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains, founder Diane Flynt “grows ingredients” - bitter acidic apples like Hewe’s Crab, Harrison, Tremlett’s Bitter, Ashmead’s Kernel and Dabinett.
Good Road Ciderworks - Cidery Based in Charlotte concentrating on single varietals apples from there area.
James Creek - James Creek Ciderhouse makes premium craft ciders from Southern heirloom and cider apple varieties grown in our orchards in Moore County, North Carolina They planted about 50 vintage apple trees in the winter of 2009 and now have about 7 acres with over 65 varieties of apples, including such Southern favorites as Kinnaird’s Choice, American Golden Russett, Red Limbertwig, Hewe’s Crab, Blacktwig, Stayman and Yates.
McRitchie Winery and Ciderworks
- Award winning wines and ciders throughout NC.Molly Chomper Cidery
- Small batch cidery in Lansing, NC doing fun stuff that we rarely get to see in this area.Noble Cider
- Noble is a leader in NC craft hard cider, using Western NC apples to create a variety of gluten free, dry to semi-dry hard ciders, made with no artificial flavors or ingredients.
Urban Orchard Cider Co. and Bar
- A local, family-owned hard cider production company and tasting room located in West Asheville, NC. One of only a handful of “True Cider Bars”in the nation.Virtue Ciders
- Opened by the owner of Goose Island Brewery. Made from Michigan Apples in Fennville
Alley Twenty Six Tonic
- Alley Twenty Six Tonic Syrup is made using the bark of a cinchona tree, from which quinine is sourced. Lemongrass, limes and sugar are added to create a tonic as robust in taste as it is in color. The intensity of the flavor allows you to have control over the kind of tonic libation you prefer.Crude Bitters and Sodas
- Their cocktail bitters and shrub syrup concentrates are hand-crafted by human hands. The ingredients are all natural and selection, preparation, maceration, bottling and labeling is done by hand. Fair Game Beverage
- a craft distillery rooted in our Southern home and inspired by the world’s classic spirits. Their rums and brandies are slowly fermented and carefully distilled on an alembic copper still before resting in bourbon oak barrels.
Restaurants providing bites:
GA - $30 through October 17, $35 beginning October 18, and $40 the week before the event (includes tasting glass)VIP - $50 through October 17, $60 beginning October 18 (includes tasting glass, T-shirt and one -hour early access)
**All food and drink are included in both prices.**
FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER AT BLACK TWIG CIDER HOUSE
Friday, November 17th, we have organized a small cider pairing dinner with Steven Goff of Brinehaus. We will be offering a 5 course dinner with 5 fantastic cider pairings for only $50! We want you to know what cider and food can be together.
The 5 course dinner will begin at 7pm at Black Twig Cider House. The menu and pairings will be announced shortly.
We are so excited about this addition to the weekend. We hope you are as excited!
The dinner is $50 per person to be purchased on this page. Gratuity is not included. Please plan accordingly.