WOMEN'S ENTREPRENEURSHIP DAY A MOVEMENT TO EMPOWER, CELEBRATE AND SUPPORT WOMEN IN BUSINESS!
Intro:As November 19th falls on a Saturday, we will be celebrating our event in New York City at the United Nations on Friday, November 18th.
The WED mission is to empower the 4 billion women across the globe to be catalysts of change, and uplift the 250 million girls living in poverty globally. In addition to our mission of empowerment, we are committed to gathering a think tank of inspiring women leaders who can amplify our message of expanding businesses with social-good initiatives in communities around the world.
Please view our 2015 Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Event: Click Here
With a variety of days dedicated to various causes, one might
ask – Why does the world need a Women’s Entrepreneurship Day? Consider then,
that women perform 66% of the world’s work, yet earn 10% of the world’s income.
At the same time, they account for 85% of consumer purchases and control $20
trillion in worldwide spending. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is generating a
movement that carries throughout the year in support of women in business
globally. WED ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate
startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. We are
celebrated in 144 countries and 110 universities and colleges
internationally. We are committed to creating a movement to amplify our
message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who loves to support and celebrate extraordinary women leaders and establish a global support network should join us! Whether you just graduated college or you have a passion for making a difference in the world you should be a part of this movement!
Just like previous years, this year’s New York City Women’s Entrepreneurship Day will be taking place at “ultimate global address”. The iconic United Nations Plaza, located riverside at 46th Street and 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10017.Not in the City that Never Sleeps? No worries! Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Event will be livestreamed worldwide! Also, there will be WED events all over the world brought to you by our wonderful hand-selected Ambassadors.Check here to learn about our Global Ambassadors representing 144 countries and here for our Student Ambassadors representing 110 colleges and universities around the world!
Travel:NYC has several flights a day to 3 major international airports: LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). To make sure you have a smooth ride to and from the United Nations on November 18th we would like to offer you two free rides with VIA. Download the app here and use promo code (Offered by our founder, Wendy Diamond) wendy5m5 to redeem this special offer!
We hope you will join us and invite your co-workers, family and friends to celebrate! Funds raised from this day and our Pioneer Award Luncheon support our mission in alleviating poverty by empowering, celebrating and supporting women in business worldwide!
Please view these media links that covered our initiative, FORBES: Best Way to Save the World: Put Women In Charge, FOX NEWS: Beyond the Dream: Women Helping Women CNBC: Nightly Business Report and Marie Claire. Here’s the video showing the WED events around the world!
- Ms. Tao Porchon-Lynch (Actress, International Model and Guinness World Record Master Yoga Instructor)
- Ms. Loreen Arbus (President/Founder of Loreen Arbus Productions, Inc., and The Goldenson-Arbus Foundation)
- Mr. Antonio Lucio (Global Chief Marketing & Communication Officer at HP Inc, Former Global Chief Marketing, Strategy and Development Officer at VISA)
- Ms. Kay Koplovitz (Founder of USA Neteworks, The Syfy Channel, Co-Founder and Managing Director of the Springboard Fund, Board of Directors of CA Technologies, ION media and Time Inc.)
- Ms. Sandra Lee (Philanthropist, Author, TV Personality & Editor In Chief of Sandra Lee Magazine)
- Ms. Randi Zuckerberg (Founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media, host of Dot Complicated on SERIUSXM Business Radio and New York Times bestselling author of Dot Complicated and DOT!)
- Dr. Shefali Tsabary (World-Renowned Clinical Psychologist, International Keynote Speaker & Acclaimed Author)
- Ms. Monique Giggy (Director Singularity, University Accelerator & LaunchPad, Co-Founder & President of Swing & Swing Golf, Founder & Partner of Own Vision LLC)
- Ms. Joan Hornig (Founder of Joan Hornig Jewelry)
- Her Royal Highness Princess Katherine (Crown Princess of Serbia, Philanthropist & Patron of Lifeline Humanitarian Organization)
- Mr. Anthony Scaramucci (Founder and a co-managing partner of investment firm Skybridge Capital)
- Ms. Mindy Grossman (CEO of HSN, Board of Directors UNICEF, National Retail Federation)
- Ms. Kate Rogers (CNBC, Small Business & Entrepreneur Reporter)
- Ms. Yue-Sai Kan (Emmy Award Winning TV personality, Founder Yue-Sai Cosmetics, Bestselling Author, Director of Miss Universe China) and many more to be announced. The hit TV show Shark Tank will be filming our event and will air on ABC!
We hope you will join us and invite your co workers, family and friends to celebrate! Funds raised from this day and our Pioneer Award Luncheon support our mission in alleviating poverty by empowering, celebrating and supporting women in business worldwide!
Women's Entrepreneurship DayDate:
November 18, 2016Location: United Nations, New York City, U.S.
7:30am – 8:00am Check- in and Registration
8:05am - 8:40am Breakfast and Spiritual Meditation Session with Donna D'Cruz
9:10am Welcoming Remarks
WED the People: Government and United Nations Policies and Programs to Support Female Economic Empowerment
9:40 – 10:10 An Introduction To The Fabulous WED Fellows
- 10:45am Female Friendly Fintech: Empowering Platforms for Women Entrepreneurs
Stretch – Social Time – Coffee - Bathroom Break
Get Funded! Challenges and Solutions For Women in Business
12:15pm - 1:40pm
Lunch/ Women’s Entrepreneurship Pioneer Awards – Delegates Dining Room
Social Entrepreneurship: Supporting Women and Bringing Awareness to Their Fight
2:20pm - 2:50pm Investing Smart: Raising the Bar on Impact
#ChooseWOMEN Announcement, Closing Remarks
6:30pm - 8:30pm Closing Reception - Location
Disclosed All Guests Welcome